August 8, 2008

How many wrongs do make a right?

Updated: Over a year later, apparently, Dooce herself also felt the need to apologize to the Bloggess.

Last week, I had posted about the BlogHer drama. Then, the Bloggess came across my post and DM'd me saying "The Drunk Volcano". You are *totally* cracking me up." I explained the premise behind the post and she was understanding of my point. We DM'd back and forth for awhile on this. Of course, this exchange left me thinking and I went out to her site to see who this gal was. She had such a awesome capacity to see humor in herself, even from a post written by a perfect stranger. A post that she could have been taken so very, very wrong. In perusing her site, I discovered something. Jenny? Is fucking hilarious. As such, I have added her to my Bloglines reader. I think, in particular, it was her series on flying first class to Puerto Rico that put me over the edge. Absolutely absurd. Yet, a must-read.

No, I do not think I was wrong with my post last week. Actually, I am glad I posted it because I discovered a new read in the meantime. Is that not why we are out here, anyway? To discover new voices, new perspectives, new people? Indeed.

10 comments:

Jenny, the Bloggess said...

For real, I'm thinking of changing my tagline to "The Drunk Volcano". You are brilliant.

PS. Thank you. You made me blush.

Mrs. Mogul said...

Yes she is great and I just discovered her too! And now you! :)

Katie Kat said...

Yeah, seriously? She is, hands-down, the funniest blogger I've ever read. And the fact that she's a total nut job makes me love her even more. Because, to be honest, she makes me feel no so alone in my freakitude. BIG SQUISHY LOVE for The Bloggess!

CP said...

I second Mrs Mogul above- I got to meet (briefly) Jenny at BlogHer and thought she was fucking amazing which she only proved further by her response to your post.

I'm glad to find your blog too- another great read to add to my list.

Cagey said...

I wrote this post today because overall, I think Jenny's voice is so unusual that it would be very easy to misunderstand her. Particularly, if her quotes are taken out of context or if someone only reads a post or two.

Girl con Queso said...

I just found your site from Jenny, who thinks your swell. I've known Jenny (in real life) for a few years now, and you're spot on. She's a drunk volcano. Drunk on life and totally molten (in a good way). And her heart is huge, pure and golden.

Also I couldn't agree more...this whole medium such a dynamic way to discover new voices, new perspectives, new people. And a way to speak (and be) your truth. Fantastic. I'm glad to meet you.

Amanda said...

Yup, she's the real deal.

Marilyn (aka slackermama) said...

See, now I think I was ahead of my time. I highlighted her Puerto Rico post on my YNTR list back at the time. Mostly because I nearly asphyxiated myself from laughing so I HAD to include it.

I absolutely lurve Jenny. She really knows how to engage in the community, besides just being plain hilarious.

Brit said...

I told you..she is HILARIOUS. It's still the hilarious ! And thanks for the plug I appreciate it..from the bottom of my heart.

flybunny said...

Jenny left me a comment and we exchanged a coupld of emails after my emotional post from a couple of weeks ago and I too seriously think she is hysterical but I hadn't yet got to the PR posts but will do that this weekend as I am serious serious need of a good laugh.